What You Should Know Before Working With a Long Island Kitchen Remodeling ContractorProfessional references are invaluable when looking for a qualified Long Island kitchen remodeling contractor. You want honest feedback from actual local people who have chosen to work with the kitchen contractor you are considering. Ask the contractor's references alot of questions and probe to get a good idea of what you can expect.
Also find out about the company’s history. Going with a kitchen design and remodeling contractor that has a track record with the Better Business Bureau, and has up to date insurance, is your best bet.
If you find a substantially lower price with a startup contractor, there is a reason. Go with a company with some stability and background.
The most important thing is to have seen the kitchen contractors design work. You would be surprised how many people have hired a contractor without even seeing previous works.
Don’t delegate your kitchen renovation to just any pro. Do your homework and check out any contractor before you hire them.
Questions To Ask a Kitchen Remodeling Contractor on Long IslandBefore you hire any kitchen design or kitchen remodeling professional, you want to ensure that they have the skills and the personality to work well with you and your needs.
- Ask for proof of insurance. Contractors should carry personal liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance and property damage coverage.
- Check the company’s track record with the BBB.
- Consult with your local building department to find out local licensing requirements (they vary by state and municipality). Ask to see the contractor’s license and make sure it's current.
- Ask for a list of references, and call at least three. Find out what projects the contractor has completed in the last year.
- If hiring a general contractor, find out what subcontractors they will hire. Do some research to make sure they have a solid reputation with the BBB.
- Interview more than one contractor for the job and ask for written proposals/estimates.