Amazing Outdoor Kitchens Long Island
More and more people are starting to see the value of making their backyard an extension of their indoor living space, and with the right installers you have quite a few options available. Practically an entire kitchen can be set up in your backyard, and one which will do fine in the outdoor environment. It requires specific building materials and construction, but you can get stoves, grills, dining areas, excellent lighting, refrigerators, fireplaces and fire pits, furnishings and so much more. All of this can be built on an island, next to a pool or right outside of your door on a deck.
There are many things you will want to keep in mind when designing an outdoor kitchen.
1. Spacing – Spacing is perhaps the most important factor. Depending on the size of your yard you may either have a lot of options for where your outdoor kitchen will be built and how large it is, or if you have a smaller yard, or a yard with a large pool or other things taking up room, it may be more a matter of fitting a lot in a little space. Whatever the situation, it does take careful planning and you may want to consult a professional designer.
2. Materials – In areas with a lot of rain, snow or high winds the materials and basic setup should always be considered in order that it lasts, remains usable and stays beautiful. However it is not only areas with specific weather conditions that should consider extra measures that will help the kitchen last in the specific environment. For any outdoor kitchen materials like natural stone and stainless steel should be incorporated, and all of the gas and electric equipment should be specifically made for outdoor use to avoid water damage and damage from extreme temperatures. A professional installation company should be able to describe how their outdoor kitchens will last outdoors.
3. Style – This is all about personal preference. Luckily most of the materials which would be used in an outdoor kitchen are naturally beautiful, like natural stone, and the stainless steel appliances you will choose from. Within this you have nearly endless options for colors and looks, from tropical paradise themes to comfortable and cozy kitchen spaces.
4. Covering – While you have the option of having a completely open kitchen, most do choose either an awning or umbrellas in specific areas to escape from a sudden rain. Keep in mind how and where any shelter from the rain may be placed.
5. Price – Though often expensive, you may actually be surprised at the number of options available for the money, and considering how long a great outdoor kitchen can last, the likely increase in home value, and how much joy you will get over the years from your outdoor kitchen, it actually doesn’t seem like that much. That said depending on the style, size and the sort of appliances you need it can seem like a significant initial investment. It is important to compare different companies’ prices; more important however, because your kitchen should last and be convenient, is that
Thinking about creating an Outdoor Kitchen on Long Island? Gappsi has over 20 years of experience with creating beautiful and functional outdoor kitchens.