Edge Restraint System for Paving Stone Pavements.
The Most Reliable edge Restraint System in the Industry.
Gappsi, Inc. a well recognized name in the unit paving industry, is known for delivering quality installation of paving stones to hundreds of satisfied customers in the N.Y. area. Gappsi is known for quality craftsmanship and innovation of original designs that have been recognized with 12 award winning projects in the past 15 years by ICPI and Concrete Products magazine as winners in their annual design and installation contest.
Gappsi , Inc. was established in 1994 by owner Giuseppe Abbrancati, who has mastered the art of paving stone installation in Europe for over eighteen years. Gappsi offers the most reliable and least expensive Edge Restraint System to protect your clients’ investments and your reputation. It is a self contained system with no need for extra costly spikes or stakes, or extra excavation and installation of compact base on the outside of the paved area. Gappsi, Inc. provides you with an edge Restraint System that overcomes the shortcomings and limitations of others. This edge system improves transversal stability and permits a proper lawn growth along the edge of the paved area. Gappsi, Inc. provides an edge Restraint System that is applicable for residential and commercial applications. It is easy to install and assures a secure fit of the edge piece that abuts the perimeter of your pavers installation.
1. Excavate area to be paved and allow 3” to 5” of aggregate base for pedestrian traffic, and 6” to 10” for vehicle traffic. Compact with vibrating mechanical plate. Compacted base should be a minimum 4” wider than finished patio.
2. Spread 1” of grated sand over compacted aggregate base, using tubular pipes as screened guides. Backfill spaces after pipes are removed.
3. Place belts over sand 12” apart and 4” past planned finished paved edge, secure belts with included cross pins.
4. Install edge piece by connecting each section together and position it over belts. Lay border over front lip of the edge system. On steep slopes and heavy water runoff situations ONLY lay 1 ft wide 6mm plastic over belts, before positioning the edge System, this will prevent any sand washouts.
5. Make any final adjustment of the pavement border before securing the edge piece onto the belts, by installing included 3” pins.
6. After installing the Gappsi Edge Restraint System around the entire paved area, sweep dry fine sand to fill the joints of the paving stones and over the edge piece.
7. Compact paving stones with vibrating plate machine. Refill joints and compact pavement a second time, by installing the Gappsi edge Restraint System, you will not experience any unwanted movements and you will not need to do any after compaction adjustments.
• Convenient 3 ft. lengths
• System components work together providing positive connection
• Manufactured high-density polyethylene
• Withstands low temperatures: Non-corrosive, will not rot
• Used for straight, circular and radius applications with minimum cutting
• Does not require metal spikes
• Utilizes the load of the paving system to maintain transverse stability
• Used for aggregate or concrete base installations
• Allows proper vegetation growth along outside edges of paved area
• Engineered to allow movement with the paving system thereby minimizing damage from freeze-thaw soil conditions
• Anchored belt design requires a minimum excavation and base material beyond the edges of the paved surface
Now that the Gappsi Edge Restraint System is installed, it will prevent the pavers from moving over time. Installing the Gappsi Edge Restraint System is easy, clean and quick without the mess and curing time of cement. You will be able to fill the joints with sand, compact over the border, grade soil next to the edge system and wash the pavement immediately after installation of the Edge Restraint System. By using the Gappsi Edge Restraint System, you will speed up the construction of your project during and after inastallation.