Everything You Need To Know About The Pros & Cons Of
Natural Stones & Porcelain VS Concrete Pavers Maintenance
View Gappsi Natural Stone & Porcelain Display
Gappsi pavers cleaning & sealing process
Gappsi Natural Exclusive Product Line
The Differences Among Gunite, Vinyl And Fiberglass Pools
GUNITE POOL BENEFITS
One of the major advantages of a gunite pool is Customization. A gunite pool can be shaped in any custom design, like having a grotto part of the pool or a spa elevated from the water. Also there are many options with the finish of the gunite pool that you can choose from, includings simple white or gray marble dust, to next step diamond brite a combination of quartz dust or a stone pebble finish, or glass beads finish. You can even tile the entire pool, which would then double and triple the price. Lastly, maintenance on a gunite pool is higher due to the water being contained within the concrete shell. Gunite pools are also chosen as status and used in more expensive homes and neighborhoods, and it is also the oldest way of pool construction.
Vinyl Pools with Concrete Wall Benefits
Liners come with a 20 year rated warranty and they could last as long as 30 years. Vinyl pools are very comfortable to walk on and also water requires less maintenance since it is contained within the vinyl liner. For the pool plumbing we use a combination of poly pipes and PVC all 2 inch diameter for the best water flow. We use black poly pipes because they can be bent and curved, avoiding the use of the elbow which maximizes the water flow resulting in less work for the pump and the use of electricity to run. Poly pipes are also termite-resistant, and we use a straight run from skimmers to the equipment with no connections buried underground; this minimizes the potential for leaks. All connections in pool walls and at the equipment and lines coming out of the ground are done with 2 inch PVC pipes are resistant to termites and make tight clean connections between equipment.
True Custom Vinyl Pool Construction And Benefits
Fiberglass Pool Construction And Benefits
Swimming Pools Plumbing and Hydraulics
Gunite Pool Construction
Gappsi Vinyl Pool Construction
Fiberglass Pool Installation
AUTO COVER BENEFITS
1. An auto cover is a safety feature that will protect your family and pets without the need of installing a fence around the pool for your protection. You will just need to fence the property as per town code. If you would have to install a separate fence around your pool for the purpose of protecting yourself and kids, that would be an extra expense to install but it also will lead to a separate fenced pool area. This will result in increasing the size of your patio just because it's his own area. With an auto cover, your pool can be built closer to the house, tying the pool and house patio into one area. This will cut back on the amount of money you would pay for the patio.
2. An autocover is also a solar cover. It keeps the water temperature 10 to 15 degrees hotter than the temperature of the air at a given time.
3. For a pool that has no spa built inside the pool the autocover replaces the mesh winter cover. This not only saves you money in buying the mesh cover, but also makes the pool look nice and clean in the wintertime too. You also don't have to deal with the mesh cover straps pulling the patio stones out of the ground and you will not experience patio discoloration during the winter months where the mesh cover would overlap the patio. The patio pavers will weather differently making it a clear visible print of the mesh cover overlapping the patio.
4. An auto cover will extend your season. You will be able to open the pool from May 1st and close it in November and if the weather is hot you can use the pool anytime. The auto cover is made to be opened every time you use the pool and close when you are done using. If you have a heater, the heater will work minimally because the autocover retains the heat. This will translate into a small amount of fuel cost to heat up the pool.
5. An autocover will keep the maintenance to a minimum. It comes with a small pump that you will drop on top of the cover everytime it rains. The cover will collect the rainy water preventing it from contacting the pool water and diluting the chemical and water chemistry. You will eliminate the job of going and pumping excess water out of the pool and rebalancing salt and chemicals every time that it rains, or vacuuming and cleaning the dirt and leaves that fall in the pool on a daily basis. You will have more time to use the pool. The other option would be having a weekly maintenance program with a pool guy resulting in another expense with the pool.
6. Having an auto cover will prevent mice, frogs, and any other animals that wander around your backyard from falling into the pool.
7. An auto cover has a greater resale value then the pool itself. A new homeowner will love the idea of having a safe pool more than what shape the pool is.
8. Many ask about the maintenance of the cover and if it gives them problems. In my 28 years dealing with pool auto covers, I have never had a customer that was unhappy with the decision they made of installing an autocover. Most people that had the auto cover installed have always praised it. The cover needs some adjustments from time to time, but I have had customers that never adjusted the cover and that is because they followed the instructions we gave them of not opening the cover with water on it. The cover has very simple mechanisms with its motor, pulleys, ropes, and fabric. I have never replaced a motor. We replaced ropes when people abused the cover (opening it with lots of water on it before pumping the water out). The actual fabric lasts between 10 and 15 years but the cost of replacing the fabric is equal to the cost of replacing the mesh cover anyway.