Create a big impact on your property with Bocce Ball Sports Game Courts.
Backyards are a place where families and friends experience life together. They’ve become the go-to area for socializing, games, and activities. With the help of Gappsi Group, you can improve your backyard into a place everyone wants to gather. Bocce’s rise in popularity over the years is based on its social nature and ease of play.
Do you have some space in your backyard where you want to create some type of entertainment feature? You’re not a golfer, you don’t want to play tennis, you don’t want to play basketball. Sports game courts are fun things to build and have on your property. Let’s talk about bocce ball sports courts for a second. Bocce ball has been around for many years and it is a great game especially when you have a party with your family. The game is fun, interactive, and entertaining.
Bocce Ball Sports Game Courts Big Impact
Bocce courts have already made a big impact on replacing, or have made great additions to, tennis courts, sports courts, putting greens, shuffleboard courts, and croquet as the choice of the “backyard sport.” It is a sport that all ages can play and enjoy.
Bocce can be played on almost any flat surface, which makes this sport so enjoyable. The best surface to play on is one that has minimal bounce in addition to no grade so the balls don’t end up assembling in one spot during play. Other important considerations are maintenance and drainage. Bocce Ball Sports Courts often constructed using compacted rock, sod, or sand; when a court constructed like this it often drains poorly and becomes bumpy or uneven. A Gappsi bocce court using synthetic turf is arguably the ideal choice with the look and feel of real grass. Synthetic turf bocce courts are maintenance-free, allow for fast, bounce-free ball handling, and are cooler and cleaner underfoot.
It’s a pretty picture: friends and family gathered around your new rectangular court on a lovely summer’s evening, as warm conversation, clinking glasses, and knocking bocce balls score the scene in early twilight. If you’re beguiled by bocce’s seductive charms and want to bring the game home, here are eight elements of design and construction to know before planning your own backyard bocce court.
CALL GAPPSI TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
Before you begin building your Bocce Ball Sports Court, determine your expectations for your bocce court. Are you looking to simply enjoy a few rolls? If so, you only need a flat surface, a little space, and good company. But if a regulation sporting experience is what you’re after, there’s a lot more design planning that goes into it.
The space requirement is the first detail to consider in your design. I’ve seen bocce courts sized modestly, at around 45 feet long by 8 feet wide in some cases, but that’s a cramped court and play can feel restricted. One of the game’s true joys is conceiving plays into lengthy arrangements, then watching rolls progress into their depths.
A regulation bocce court is 91 feet by 13 feet, and the closer to that size you construct yours, the more authentic your experience will be. If possible, I recommend a minimum sizing of 70 feet by 10 feet.
Benefits Of A Turf Bocce Ball Court
Bocce can be played on various court surfaces, such as clay, stone dust, dirt, grass, or artificial surface. However, while these are all good options, we recommend using an artificial turf surface. Below are some benefits:
- Artificial turf is aesthetically pleasing, similar to grass.
- A natural surface, such as clay or dirt, requires additional materials and rakes to keep a smooth surface, whereas, artificial turf is very low maintenance with little to no upkeep.
- The turf is flat which will allow the balls to roll. Overall, enhancing the strategy of the game.
Turf Bocce Ball Sports Game Courts Installation
If the idea of a 90 ft. court in your backyard scares you, don’t worry! Bocce ball is great because the court size can be determined by personal preference! Whatever size you choose, Gappsi will ensure the following:
- All vegetation and debris are removed and cleared from the desired court area.
- A base layer of rocks is leveled. It is important to ensure there are no dips or bumps for even court. Alternatively, we can install a base layer of concrete.
- Install turf on top of the rock layer. Gappsi’s synthetic turf is a great option for your sports game court. if using a concrete base, our turf is an ideal addition because of its draining properties. As a result, water won’t get stagnant and impact gameplay.
- Add a wood or contrasting turf border to your court to help define the area and stop any rollaway balls.
- Bocce ball is a great yard game to play with friends and family of all ages. If you’re looking for a low-fuss activity in your backyard, this might be the option for you! If you have any questions about how to install a bocce court, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Bocce Ball Court Built In East Moriches Suffolk County NY
Bocce court built in East Moriches Suffolk County NY. We built the court over a recycled concrete base and bocce grass over blue stone dust. The sides of the court were built with pressure-treated lumber and painted in gray to match the rest of the backyard, the house, and the fence. We installed lighting on the side walls that will light up the court at night. A very beautiful backyard setting. The bocce court is positioned on one side of the backyard. Leaving the rest of the backyard area for the pool, pavilions, and other amenities. That is a bocce court built by Gappsi.
SCHEDULE A MEETING TODAY WITH GAPPSI
View Gappsi’s YouTube Channel For Videos On Bocce Ball Sports Games Courts