Don’t wait like many homeowners until spring to think about your Gunite Pool And Backyard Renovations. In our opinion, Fall / Autumn is an ideal time of year for pool and backyard makeovers. The kids have gone back to school, the temperature is dropping, and your backyard pool won’t be seeing as much action. That’s why fall time provides a great period for tackling any work your pool and patio area may need. By fall, the busy pool-building season has slowed for swimming pool contractors. With fewer jobs on their construction boards, companies are looking to keep their crews working.
With an estimated lifespan of 100 years or more, gunite pools are the longest-lasting type of pool by far. However, even properly built gunite pools may need to be renovated at some point in order to optimize their longevity, update their appearance, or enhance their efficiency.
Bring new life to your dated backyard resort today. A pool renovation, deck replacement, equipment modernization, and style makeover can deliver a variety of benefits. Among them enhancing the overall beauty, functionality, and enjoyment for your friends and family. When planning a pool and backyard makeover, you have a number of renovation options to consider.
Gunite Pool Renovations
- Replace Tile – it’s highly visible even when you’re not in the pool, a new tile line will immediately freshen your pool’s appearance.
- Re-plaster Interior – new plaster. Like carpet or flooring in your home needs replacing over time, so does pool plaster.
- Change Coping – Coping is the edging material around the pool perimeter that sits between the pool structure and the deck. Pool coping is like a picture frame for your pool, so make it pretty again.
- Apply Mosaics – If a new plaster job is on your remodeling agenda, then consider the introduction of mosaics as well. These stylish prefabricated additions are a simple, affordable way to add a touch of fun, sophistication, or personalization. Choose a cheerful school of fish, an elegant Fleur De Lys, a family monogram, or any other number of colorful creatures, symbols, and decorative elements.
- Add Water Features – Create a new focal point in an otherwise boring pool design by adding a water feature. On an existing structure, some of the top bets are faux and natural rock waterfalls, water-spouting sculptures, bubbler fountains, and deck jets that arc into the pool surface and create liquid drama.
- Reduce Water Depth – Pools are often built with 8-foot deep ends. Shallower pools are a trend now and for good reason. Your pool’s deep end will be more usable if it is only 4.5 to 6 feet deep. It will provide a more usable area for people. This is especially true for children, growing teens, and adults with short statures—to stand, play, and engage in water activities.
- Improve Heating – Choose from natural gas heaters with a high thermal efficiency rating for faster heating and low NOx output levels for a healthier environment.
- Switch Purification – Stop reliance on old-school liquid, powder, or tablet chlorine. Instead, go for advanced sanitizing alternatives that are gentler on skin, hair, nails, and eyes. One option is a saltwater system that generates a pure form of chlorine.
- Brighten Lighting – Illuminate your swimming environment and surrounding area with the latest in dazzling LED lighting. You will appreciate how today’s LED pool systems are both long-lasting and energy-efficient.
- Replace Decking – A brand-new hardscape in brick, concrete, pavers, natural stone pavers, or other custom stone masonry will elevate your backyard. You may also realize that its current size and configuration may not meet your needs.
Pool Decking Restoration Options
Now that summer has come and gone, it is now time to take a look at your pool deck. Notice any cracks, coatings peeling, or weathered spots? Well, we know that they look worse than they are, with one of our coatings, we can bring your deck back to life.
- Paver & Stone Sealing – When a natural stone or paver is left out in the sun and/or exposed to harsh pool cleaners, it can make them look dull or colorless compared to when you first bought them, especially if a sealer was never applied. Simply add a fresh coat of sealer. There are multiple benefits for example stone or pavers last much longer. Sealing the stones protects the materials from pool chemicals too.
- Concrete Staining – There is a wide array of stains offering unique advantages and designs.
A major advantage of having your pool deck resurfaced is the investment factor. Damaged concrete pool decks can drastically decrease the value of your home and make it less attractive on the open market. Pool deck resurfacing can repair these imperfections, making the pool deck look brand new again!
Pool deck resurfacing is a viable option for homeowners on a strict budget because compared to having the entire concrete pool deck replaced, pool deck resurfacing is much more affordable.
Hiring A Professional For Your Gunite Pool And Backyard Renovation
Consider hiring Gappsi for your backyard renovation. Using a professional can offer you strong warranties, if something happens, you can rest assured that we will be there to fix it. To learn more about all of our services, please take a look at our home page for all the information you need!
Gunite Pool And Backyard Renovations | Garden City NY
This gunite swimming pool and patio renovation was done in Garden City Nassau County Long Island NY. We installed G44 limestone coping two inches thick and French pattern limestone G044 for the patio. In the pool waterline, we installed porcelain tiles, which happen to blend in closely with the color of the patio even though they are two different products. The pool finish we used is the diamond bright Tahoe blue, a very pretty blue color, not too dark and not too light. It still gives a natural appearance to the water. This is the latest Gappsi gunite pool and backyard renovations completed in Garden City NY.