GUNITE POOL RESURFACING LONG ISLAND
Gappsi specializes in Gunite Pool Resurfacing on Long Island
Did you know that your gunite pool needs to be renovated just like your roof or your driveway? Just as time takes its toll on your home’s roof, fence, and wood deck so does your inground swimming pool and it may be time for a resurfacing.
Over time wear and tear on a pool is unavoidable, this occurs because the pool is exposed to freezing temperatures, and the thawing cycles combined with pressurized water and disinfecting chemicals year after year.
We receive many questions from customers about their aging gunite swimming pools and how to preserve them so they last longer. Some questions we receive and you may have also are:
- What are some options to give my older pool new life?
- What are the signs I should look out for to know if my pool needs resurfacing?
- How much does it cost for a Gunite Pool Resurfacing?
- If I need to resurface my pool, how long will it take?
- In many cases, gunite pool resurfacing can do wonders for your aging pool and bring it back to life. That said, here are some signs resurfacing your gunite pool is well overdue.
To answer all your questions it is best to schedule an appointment with Gappsi in order to provide ideas and options for your gunite pool resurfacing.
TOP 3 SIGNS Gunite Pool Resurfacing Is Needed
- Leaks – How well is your pool holding water? You may have a worn-out or damaged pool surface leaking water. Much like a deteriorating surface, pool leaks will only get worse if not corrected.
- Stains – Stains come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.
- Chemical and mineral inputs
- Leaves and other natural debris
- Algae (red or green)
- Texture – How does your pool surface feel? If the gunite pool feels rougher or if the gunite is beginning to show through that’s a big red flag for you that it’s time to have a professional like Gappsi check it out. The pool surface is deteriorating; which can only worsen with time and temperatures.
Pro Tip: In addition to staining, unbalanced pH levels in your pool’s water can pit and deteriorate the surface of the pool. Do you find you have to clean your pool more? There is a good chance the surface of the pool is pitting or your pool chemicals are increasingly imbalanced or both. Also note that if a stain grows in size or quantity, or if repeated attempts to clean up and remove your stains are unsuccessful, it’s a good time for a professional gunite pool resurfacing / repair.
Schedule Residential Maintenance Services Today
The best advice for an aging pool is to have a pool professional conduct a thorough inspection. Let a Gappsi expert check all the equipment including pump, heater, filter, and drains for leaks, malfunctions, and operation. Our experts will inspect the liner or plaster, the tile, and coping for signs of aging that can lead to problems.
GAPPSI Gunite Pool Resurfacing Project Northport NY
Gappsi completed this gunite remodeling in Northport NY, the old patio was removed and replaced with new coping, new porcelain tiles plus a beautiful rock waterfall was added. We paved the entire patio with the New G044 White Limestone and G044 Gray Limestone. The grey and white limestone are a favorite choice among new homeowners.
In the pool, Gappsi installed 6″ water line porcelain tiles and marble dusted with dark gray marble dust. The spa was also remodeled and re-marble dusted with all new equipment. A new pump, new filters, a new ozone system, and a new salt chlorine generator were installed. The color of the marble dust with the reflection of the sky gives a very deep blue color to the pool water. The next step is landscaping. We will be doing some planting and trees behind the waterfall.
Gappsi Group offers the following residential and commercial services to the public:
Our latest division is the manufacturing of clay brick ovens, made from the best materials on earth. We distribute the ovens throughout North America, we also display them at the showroom and have weekly demonstrations on how to use the ovens.
Our showroom display also includes the most beautiful and unique imported natural stones for patios, walkways, and driveways.
We provide these services in the following areas of Nassau and Suffolk County. (Glen Cove, Hempstead, North Hempstead, Oyster Bay, Babylon, Huntington, Islip, Smithtown, Brookhaven, Southampton, Riverhead, East Hampton, Southold, Old Brookville, Old Westbury, Mill Neck, Nissequogue, Lloyd Harbor, Muttontown, Coldspring Harbor, and East Norwich)
Gappsi’s knowledgeable and experienced personnel can help you create the yard of your dreams!