Homeowners on Long Island, New York are constantly looking for ways to boost both home value and curb appeal with Nicolock pavers for patios and pools. Increasing curb appeal can boost home value. It’s a self-perpetuating circle of home value.
Nicolock Pavers Add Value & Curb Appeal to Suffolk & Nassau County Long Island Homes
Did you know that Nicolock pavers are manufactured in 1,000 different combinations of colors and textures? You can create a custom look to fit your style and your vision; by simply adding hardscaping elements to your backyard. Some hardscape ideas to add are patios, walkways, and retaining walls to your backyard you add a touch of class to your living space. Your outdoor space increases the home’s curb appeal too. Nicolock paving stones have great slip resistance with a “smooth as silk” appearance. They are ideal for patios, walkways, pool decks, and driveways. All Nicolock pavers use Nicolock’s patented Paver-Shield technology. The paver blocks have color throughout the entire block, giving them a richer more vibrant color that will not fade over time, and they provide superior protection against all outdoor elements. Superior quality and protection make these paving blocks great for patios, driveways, poolside areas, and walkways.
Benefits vs Disadvantages of Pavers?
Nicolock is a 100% U.S.-owned and operated company specializing in the production of patio pavers and other hardscaping products. Nicolock manufactures a complete line of interlocking concrete paving stones, architectural paving slabs, precast concrete products, and segmental retaining wall systems.
Benefits of Paving Stones
- Affordable: Nicolock paving slabs are beautiful and very cost-effective options. They are an affordable way to increase the aesthetic value and functionality of your home.
- Curb Appeal: Nicolock paver patios are incredibly attractive and Nicolock’s patented manufacturing technology – Paver-Shield™ – ensures that your pavers will look great for a long, long time
- Home Value: With an average return on investment (ROI) over 80%, according to Remodeling Magazine’s annual Cost vs. Value report, a new patio is an excellent way to boost your home value.
- Durability: Because the rich, vibrant color is throughout the full thickness of the paver, it will not fade over time.
Green: Nicolock manufactures several variations of eco-friendly permeable paving products.
- Warranty: All Nicolock products come with a limited lifetime warranty.
Disadvantages of Paving Stones
- Moss will grow in between pavers: Just like weeds, moss growth in between pavers is a common problem. Moss likes to grow in wet, shady areas. If moss gets out of hand it can be a big pain. It is important to note that it is not only unsightly, but it can be very slippery when wet.
- Weeds will grow in between pavers: In between each of the pavers is a layer of sand that acts as a grout line. Over time, sand washes out and requires to be refilled periodically to maintain proper spacing. Homeowners can either do this on their own or hire a contractor to do it for them. It is important to note that if restoring the sand is neglected, chances increase that weeds will grow in between each paver.
- Pavers will wobble: Pavers always need a strong base, and many contractors who do not specialize in installing pavers fail to provide the strong base pavers need. Some contractors lay a scarce amount of sand under the pavers which can cause the pavers to sink.
Long Island NY Stone Patios Driveways Cleaning Sealing Experts!
We are often asked, “Do I need to seal my pavers?” The short answer is YES!!! Cleaning and Sealing is an important maintenance tools to keep paver patios, walkways, driveways, and pool decks looking as beautiful as the day they were installed.
However, “too much of a good thing” can come into play. You should be wary of over-applying paver sealer by reapplying too often, which could create a haze. Below are a few of the most popular questions we have received. To read the entire list of questions check out the Cleaning and Sealing page:
Is it necessary to Seal Pavers?
Gappsi recommends sealing concrete pavers and cleaning regularly. Although paving stones use the highest quality cement, cement is a corrosive material. Cement wears under natural elements such as rain and snow. The sun, rain, and cold can easily wear the surface of pavers, and a good sealing job with the right sealing product, applied by a professional technician of sealing, will create a layer of protection over the paving stones making them water-repellent and weatherproof. This will protect the concrete surface from corrosion. A good sealer penetrates the paver surface and stays there for many years, even when the look of the sealer goes away the color and texture of the pavers will stay new.
Do you need to pressure wash pavers before sealing them?
Gappsi recommends pressure washing pavers before sealing the surface and the surface should be free of debris. It is very important the surface is cleaned first. Once the sealant is on the pavers any stains or materials that get trapped under the sealer will not be able to be cleaned after it’s sealed.
Pressure washing pavers is just as important as sealing them. Using the wrong pressure washing tools could also hurt the pavers. A pressure washer with the wrong nozzle could mark or wear the pavers. The best-recommended tool is a high-volume, low-pressure, hot water-pressure washer. The hot water cleans the pavers and prepares the surface for the best result sealing job.
Gappsi completed a backyard renovation in Smithtown NY. We installed Nicolock Pavers around a Vinyl Pool. Gappsi reinstalled a new liner and new equipment for the swimming pool. In addition, we designed and built new stairs across the l shape shallow area of the swimming pool. Charcoal Nicolock 12×8 bullnose was chosen for around the pool. The patio was paved with Granite City Stone Ridge. Several raised patio areas were created near the backyard sliding doors to add dimensional depth to the backyard scape.